Late Update

Source
So, this week has been an improvement on the last - to say the least.

I wound up actually making an average of three shakes per day and the allotted ounces of water intake from 96-120.

I worked out three times this week (better than the zero amount from the previous week).






I also started teaching two Adult High School English classes.  I adore my students, but man - did I forget how much work goes into prepping for classes.


I'm lucky that the two classes are the same subject matter, but in the next term, I won't be so lucky.  Plus, this will the first time I've taught for this school. This means I will be evaluated.

Source
Also, the fact that I have to split my time between my regular job AND teaching means a cut in pay for the first month as associate faculty does not get paid in the first month.  It's a delayed payment, but it wasn't expected this month and I am very grateful that I have been saving money and being responsible.  I was able to pay all of my bills, but the debt snowball is on a temporary hiatus.  This highly irritates me due to the fact that I am only three payments away from paying off a student loan (one of nine)!


Oh well, I am grateful that I had enough to pay the bills and have a little for the rainy day moments.  I'll be back in the swing of things in October and are now prepared for the future terms and semesters.

I have been trying a new system of rewards for weekly behavior goals.  I am one of those that likes to wait until the outcome has happened before I reward my "good" behavior.  However, I noticed that I never get to the damned outcome and then just decide to say "What the hell?!  I deserve it!"  This has been a vicious cycle, so I decided to do some research and adjust fire.

How?

I've broken down my goals into little actions.  I reward based on whether or not I have done those actions for the day.  For example, I am motivated by having little shining stars on my calendar that symbolize other things.

Blue  - Drinking all of my water
Silver - Drinking all of my shakes
Yellow  - Doing my 30 min of required exercise
Green - Saved money!  No spending on ANYTHING.
Red Stars -  Spent money...

The goal is to only see those four colors and only see the red twice a month for paying bills and buying groceries for the house.

Does anyone else have a rewards system?




I also use poker chips for time to myself.

You can pretty much get the idea of how much time I can earn for doing chores around the house, blogging, picking up dog crap, and doing dishes.

These systems hearken back to my childhood, but you know what?  I didn't turn out so bad and it's time that I earned my goodies.  By earning my goodies this way, I eliminate the guilt that I did something without deserving it, plus it keeps my house cleaner and it doesn't take as long to straighten up.

So, there you go...  Here's my little "late" update.  I'll be back later this week for my Labor Day run recap with my cousin.

Cheers,
L




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WtR: Day 4: Detox Salt, Sugar, Fat and Caffeine

WtR: Day 3: Sex and more of it...

WtR: Day 2: Exercise