First and Second Class


So, the first and second class were mainly informative and reiteration of the rules.

Rules:

  1. Make sure to drink at least 96 ounces of water outside of the water used with making the shake.  The goal would be to hit 120 ounces.
  2. Be sure to take the potassium pill twice a day - with a shake.
  3. Don't take too hot of showers and sit in saunas or spas.
The reason for the rules is to prevent heart issues and a dip in blood pressure.  Nothing like having heart palpitations due to dehydration or overheating of the body....

The first week required me to keep a food journal that asked me the following:
  • What time did you eat?
  • Was it a meal or snack?
  • What did you eat?
  • Portion sizes?
  • How hungry were you?
  • Where were you?
  • Who were you with?  What were you doing?
  • What were you thinking while you were eating?  Feelings?
  • What did you learn about your eating habits?
The interesting part of the food journal was that I tend to eat in front of my computer at work or at home in the living room with the television.  When I eat, I am always distracted by work or technology.  I am never fully in the present.  I also found that boredom is a big culprit.  For example, I thought I liked watching re-runs of shows.  It turns out that I don't.  I get bored.  When I get bored, I start eating to keep my attention.  
So, last night when I started craving "real" food, I was watching TV and was bored.  I turned off the TV and started playing some arcade games on the Wii against the hubby.  I was victorious in a couple but he spanked me in a few.

The biggest thing that I need to do with the fast is making sure that I drink enough water.  I've woken up the last two nights with leg cramps.  If you've ever been woken out of a dead sleep with charlie horses, you know how it feels.  There's nothing like the feeling of someone clutching at your calves with talons of death and trying to remain calm.

Another thing I need to do better is making sure I am eating all of the shakes.  Otherwise, you wind up getting a massive headache and don't feel like doing much.  I also went to Smart and Final to go and purchase a couple of sugar free flavored syrups...  I walked out with 15!  Ha!  I guess I'm missing different flavors.

Anyhow...I've lost about 7 pounds in the past two days.  We'll see how much I wind up losing after the water weight is gone.  :)

Cheers,
L

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WtR: Day 4: Detox Salt, Sugar, Fat and Caffeine

WtR: Day 3: Sex and more of it...

WtR: Day 2: Exercise