Quick Update



Aloha!

I'm on Week 13 and have been run over several times by the Optifast wagon.  I've had success with the weight loss (down 35 pounds), but it is a daily struggle with my behavior and routine tasks.  It's hard to give up the typical comforts that I have relied on for so many years, but it has to happen for financial, emotional, and physical reasons.

Financially, this program is damaging my savings and debt repayment plans.  For example, I have spent $2405 dollars.  I still have more to lose and more to do... Remember, this program is 20 weeks long for a session.  Sometimes it takes more than one session/term/round to eradicate fat and poor health habits.  All told, I think it will cost another $1,000 to finish this round.  So, if you are considering pursuing Optifast with Kaiser Permanente as a member, you are looking at spending around $3,500.  It's worth the investment, considering the alternative...

Emotionally, I'm breaking down with some violent mood swings.  Without food as my center, I'm having a hard time staying balanced and consistent.  I'm having to find alternate methods for soothing my emotions and de-stressing.  I can no longer rely on happy hours and appetizers with friends.  I'm also having a difficult time defining myself.  I've been asked what my motivation for losing the weight and  there isn't a solid answer.  It's malleable depending on the circumstances, the person asking that question, and my emotional status at the time.  With my husband, he made it very clear that he no longer wanted to be overweight for health reasons and to buy a motorcycle. Now that he is close to his goal weight, he is wanting to purchase a sport bike.  I am not in favor of this and I have to wonder if it is because I am jealous of his success and focus, or am I truly concerned that he will be an idiot and get himself killed.
Source

The physical toll of this diet has been a blessing.  I'm losing weight, I'm rediscovering bones, and I'm able to fit into old clothes.  I've lost an entire cup size (sorry, but the gals are usually the first to go anyways) and can now buy regular underwear off the shelf of Victoria's Secret.

Would I do this again???


God, I hope I don't have to.

Cheers,
L

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WtR: Day 4: Detox Salt, Sugar, Fat and Caffeine

WtR: Day 3: Sex and more of it...

WtR: Day 2: Exercise